Wednesday, May 29, 2013

the United Kingdom!


That's right, I'll be published in the land of King Arthur, Winston Churchill, and Love Actually!

This is particularly dear to my heart as my mother was born and raised in the UK and we visit often. When I was little, I actually read things incorrectly because my grandmother sent me so many Scottish books and comics to read. I got used to Scottish spelling which, in children's books, is phonetic, and different vocabulary. Oor Wullie and The Broons (Our Willie and The Browns) messed me up for a while

(I may or may not know all the words to Flower of Scotland because it is MY NATIONAL ANTHEM). I'm also in the process of filing for dual citizenship so I can visit my grandparents, Edinburgh, and eat as much fish and chips as I want.

I first went to the Edinburgh Book Festival when I was 13 (I bought a lot of Lord of the Rings encyclopedias, don't ask) and now one day I might attend as an author. I use the word crazy a lot, but only because it is. This all is. :)

All my love to the fabulous Kathleen Ortiz for making this real!

2 comments:

  1. CONGRATS!!!! That is super awesome :) I didn't know that about Scottish children's books, pretty funny. Did you ever have an accent as a kid from reading them all the time? And dual citizenship?! Jealoussss. All I can say is let's meet up at the Edinburgh Book Festival someday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy amazeballs, Batman! That is AWESOME news! Congrats! :D

    ReplyDelete