Monday, May 13, 2013

attempting to understand

I'm still reeling from today's news, so there won't be a proper post until I recover. Long story short, Universal optioned my book. Details can be found here: http://www.deadline.com/2013/05/universal-acquires-victoria-aveyard-novel-red-queen/ .

I studied screenwriting in college and next to writing, movies are my great love. Some of my earliest memories are of the Universal logo spinning around before I watched E.T. and the (forbidden) Jurassic Park. Forbidden because I was three. When my parents found me laughing and clapping at the T-Rex attacking Lex and Tim, they knew I was going to be a weird kid.

So this is a pretty big, emotional deal for me.

4 comments:

  1. Wow!! Congrats! Looking forward to reading the Red Queen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! Congrats! Your book is going to take over the world, my friend, and I haven't even read it yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alsoooo I just 'nominated' you for a blogging award. You should check it out!

    http://emmalovesbooks.blogspot.ca/2013/05/very-inspiring-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete